Skip Navigation

This is a new website – your feedback will help us improve it.

Events information

An example of the events that could be held within the local area and deemed worthy of note by the local authority could include but are not limited to:-

  • a parade
  • a festival (food/drink/themed/music/cultural)
  • a fair
  • a mid-to-large scale organised running event
  • a concert
  • a street party
  • a live theatre event
  • a gathering of people with similar interests in a public place e.g. specific car model fan club. 
  • a Christmas fayre
  • a fireworks display
  • a military activity day
  • a fete
  • a sports event  
  • a lifeguard display/competition
  • a charity fundraiser
  • a circus
  • a medieval battle re-enactment

You can gauge the approximate risk level of your planned event yourself by utilising the guide scores contained within the HSE Event Safety Guide. This may give you an inclination as to whether or not your event will require the assistance of the Safety Advisory Group (SAG).

If you are confident that your event will not require SAG intervention, then continue to the Special Events Process page. If you are unsure or if you would like to learn more about Special Events, Events Management and the Safety Advisory Group, then please continue to the Safety Advisory Group page.

Some of the more popular sites for events in Neath Port Talbot include:

  • Margam Country Park (please contact them directly on 01639 881635);
  • Victoria Gardens, Neath;
  • Angel Square and Town Square, Neath (please contact them directly on 01639 686906);
  • Civic Square, Port Talbot;
  • Gnoll Park, Neath;
  • Aberavon Beach;
  • Aberavon Promenade.

The different areas of Neath Port Talbot fall under the remit of different landowners. Depending on where you would like to hold your event, it will affect who it is necessary to contact.  If you have any queries on who owns the land, please contact our Estates Department on 01639 686980 or

Before registering your event, you must contact the landowner for permission to hold your event on the land.