Skip Navigation

This is a new website – your feedback will help us improve it.

FOI complaints

If you think we are not complying with the Freedom of Information Act, you should complain to us first.  

Send a written complaint to our Monitoring Officer: 

Head of Legal & Democratic Services
Civic Centre Port Talbot Neath Port Talbot SA13 1PJ pref

For example, you may consider that: 

  • we have applied an exemption to refuse to disclose information which is not applicable in the circumstances.
  • we have failed to respond to your request.
  • we have failed to do so within the time limit set out in the Act.
  • we have made unreasonable charges for providing the information. 

Complaining to the Information Commissioner

If you are not satisfied with the response from the Monitoring Officer you can complain to the Information Commissioner: 

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow SK9 5AF pref
(08456) 306060 (08456) 306060 voice +448456306060
You should submit your complaint to the Information Commissioner as soon as possible. This should be within two months after we have provided you with our response.