Grants and funding
Funding for businesses
- Support for businesses - Everything you need to know about doing business in Neath Port Talbot
- Commercial Property Grant - Our regeneration team manages a number of property grant schemes aimed at improving business premises in commercial areas within Neath Port Talbot.
Funding for voluntary and community organisations
A number of sources for funding and advice is available for the third sector:
- Third Sector Grants - support is available for community and voluntary organisations within Neath Port Talbot.
- Armed Forces Covenant- Information for the armed forces community in Neath Port Talbot
- Community Benefit Funds - The Project Development and Funding Unit helps to improve the inward investment of grant aid into Neath Port Talbot by assisting a range of partners (community groups, voluntary groups and Community and Town Councils to name but a few) successfully apply for funding. We are also charged with managing the Community Benefit Funds associated with Section 106 Planning Agreements between the NPTCBC Planning Department and energy companies who construct and operate wind farms, solar farms and mineral deposits in the County Borough.
Student and family support
Find sources of funding and advice for Student and Family Support
- Student Finance and the Glamorgan Further Education Trust Fund - Financial assistance for those attending courses and towards the purchase of outfits, tools, clothing, or books to help assist their entry into a profession, trade or calling.
- School clothing grant- Find out if you are entitled to School clothing grants
- Free School Meals - Find out if your child is entitled to free school meals.
- Free school transport - Find out if your child qualifies for free school transport.
Funding for individuals
Sources of funding and advice for individuals:
- NPT Disabled Facilities Grant - The Housing Renewal & Adaptations Service provides a Mandatory Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG) within Neath Port Talbot
- Private Sector Loans - The Housing Renewal & Adaptation Service currently offer two forms of interest free loans for the regeneration of sub standard and dilapidated properties.
- Welfare Rights Benefits - Find out which benefits you may be eligible for.
External funding support
Grants are also available via the following organisations: