Further Education Trust Funds
Find out how to apply for the Glamorgan Further Education Trust Fund, the Harold & Joyce Charles Trust Fund and Student Finance.
Glamorgan Further Education Trust Fund
This fund is intended to benefit those who have who have attended a secondary school in the area of the former County of Glamorgan. This, includes Howells School, but excludes schools which were in the areas of the former County Boroughs of Cardiff, Swansea and Merthyr Tydfil, for not less than two years.
Awards are available in the form of:
- financial assistance for those attending approved courses not provided for under the normal student support scheme, including professional and technical courses, and;
- financial assistance towards the purchase of outfits, clothing, tools, instruments, or books for those leaving school or college to assist their entry into a profession, trade or calling.
How to apply
The online system is now closed.
Requests should be marked “Glamorgan Further Education Trust Fund” and be accompanied by a stamped address envelope.
THE CLOSING DATE for applications is 31st May of each year.
Harold & Joyce Charles Trust Fund
The objective of the Trust is the advancement of the education of graduate students so they may gain a further degree qualification, for the benefit of the public generally and the residents of the area of benefit i.e. the geographic area administered by Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council and the City and County of Swansea.
Applications are invited from residents of the area of benefit.
Residents are defined as:
- persons resident during term time only (i.e. students attending an institute in the area)
- persons resident outside of term time only (i.e. students attending an institute outside the area)
- graduates normally resident in the area
In order to be eligible for funding students must be:
- resident in the area (as outlined above)
- undertaking a further degree
- not in receipt of funding from any other awarding body
How to apply
Application forms are available from:
Requests should be marked “Harold & Joyce Charles Trust Fund” and be accompanied by a stamped address envelope.
The CLOSING DATE for applications is 31st May of each year.
Student Finance Wales are now processing all applications
Student Finance Wales, based in Llandudno Junction, is now responsible for processing, assessing and paying student finance for all applications.
For details on how to apply for student finance visit Student Finance Website
If you have a query about your student finance account you should contact: