Bulky items collection
We can collect bulky items from households such as mattresses, sofas, fridges, and cookers.
How collection works
- Choose a collection date when you book online
- Collections start from 6 am until 2:00 pm. Please put your items out for collection the night before.
- Items must be kept dry. If you are leaving out an item that could absorb water (for example a mattress or sofa), please cover them. Wet items may be too heavy to lift and may not be collected.
- This is a kerbside collection so please present items at the front of the property.
- We will only collect items listed on the booking form.
- Items must be free from faeces. Any items presented with faeces will not be collected and no refund will be given.
- It costs £25 for up to 7 items. All collections must be booked and paid for in advance.
A table and four chairs count as five items
A bed frame, mattress, and headboard count as three items
Items we collect
- televisions and large electrical goods,
- appliances including washing machines, fridges and fridge freezers.
- play equipment - please dismantle larger items such as trampolines
Items are recycled/reused where possible.
Items we will not collect
- boilers, gas bottles or oil tanks
- broken glass
- building/construction or demolition waste - kitchens/bathrooms
- clinical waste
- external windows and doors
- from Commercial Premises
- garden waste
- garden sheds or fence panels
- general bags of rubbish e.g. black bags
- hazardous household waste
- tins of paint
- trade waste
- wall/floor tiles
- wooden pallets
Some of these items will be accepted from residents at the Household Waste Recycling Centres.
Cancelling or changing your booking
You can make changes to your booking online. This includes
- cancelling your booking
- changing your booking
- updating the items to be collected
If the items are in good condition some charities may be interested in taking the items to give to families in need. Our charity partner is the Enfys Foundation which can be contacted on 01639 641631.
You can also donate to our Reuse Shop, located in the Briton Ferry Recycling Centre.