Skip Navigation

This is a new website – your feedback will help us improve it.


This type of application is for when you may have carried out work without the benefit of Building Regulations approval

Note that if you have carried out work without first obtaining the necessary building regulation approval, you may have difficulty selling the property or re-mortgaging.

If the work was done after the 11th November 1985, there is a procedure that you can use to obtain permission retrospectively.

You should submit two copies of plans showing the work before and after with full construction details, along with a regularisation application form and the appropriate fee.

This type of fee does not attract VAT but is 125% of the normal fee (without VAT) as indicated in the council's charging scheme.  Once your application is received, a surveyor will contact you to arrange a visit the premises and evaluate what has been done.

If remedial work is necessary this will be highlighted and once corrected, a regulation certificate will be issued.

How to apply?

Attach a completed application form, any plans, drawings, specifications or calculations as a pdf file to an e mail to . Please supply contact details so that we may arrange for the required fee to be paid, and continue with the registration and processing of your application.