Skip Navigation

This is a new website – your feedback will help us improve it.

Club premises certificates

Clubs which meet the specified criteria set out in the 2003 Act are known as ‘qualifying clubs’ and the authority under which they may supply alcohol and conduct other ‘qualifying club activities’ from their premises is a Club Premises Certificate issued by the Licensing Authority.

A Club Premises Certificate may authorise the conduct of any qualifying club activities, namely:

  • the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of the club to, or to the order of, members of the club.
  • the sale by retail of alcohol by or on behalf of the club to a guest of a member of the club for consumption on the premises where the sale takes place; and
  • the provision of regulated entertainment (where that provision is by or on behalf of a club for members of the club or members of the club and their guest).

Further information and guidance on how to apply is available on the Home Office Website.

Related club premises license applications: