Alignment to the Corporate Plan 2022-2027
This strategy aligns to the four well-being objectives in the Corporate Plan 2022-2027 and the requirements of our local communities captured through the ‘Let’s Talk’ engagement campaign. With a continued commitment to engage through the Let’s Talk campaign with our communities, local businesses and partners, we will ensure the digital strategy is informed by and developed to continue to meet our stakeholder needs.
Our revised purpose, vision, values and wellbeing objectives show how the council contributes to the economic, social, environmental and cultural well-being of Neath Port Talbot and to the seven national well-being goals contained in the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015.
The contribution to the seven well-being goals is made through the way in which we work in accordance with the sustainable development principle contained within the Act including:
- Looking ahead to the medium term
- Preventing problems from occurring or getting worse
- Ensuring or well-being objectives do not contradict each other and complement those of other public bodies
- Working in partnership with others
- Involving local people
This strategy is fully aligned to the Strategic Change Programme which has been initiated to support the council in achieving its purpose and vision. The Strategic Change Programme contains the following four well-being objectives:
- All children get the best start in life
- All communities are thriving and sustainable
- Our local environment, heritage and culture can be enjoyed by future generations
- Jobs and skills – local people are skilled and can access high quality, green jobs