Terms and references which will be useful while reading this document.
Coed Cymru: Welsh woodland organisation working to improve the condition of Welsh woodland.
Local Records Centre: Centres for the collation, management and dissemination of biodiversity data.
MapMate: Biological recording software
- a) Animals, plants and other organisms.
- b) Air, water and soil.
- c) Minerals.
- d) Geological features and processes.
- e) Physiographical features.
- f) Climatic features and processes
NPT Local Nature Partnership: A group of individuals and organisations working collectively to enhance biodiversity in NPT
Sustainable development: The process of improving the economic, social, environmental and cultural well-being of Wales by taking action, in accordance with the sustainable development principle, aimed at achieving the well-being goals.
Sustainable development principle: Acting in a manner which seeks to ensure that the needs of the present are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
UN Convention on Biological Diversity: A multilateral treaty with three main goals:
- conservation of biological diversity (or biodiversity);
- sustainable use of its components; and
- fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from genetic resources