Skip Navigation

This is a new website – your feedback will help us improve it.

Tell us about a change

Residents – let us know if you’re moving in or out

If you are moving house, please complete the on-line form by clicking the link below so we can cancel your old account to make sure you are not overcharged.

If you are moving to an address in Neath Port Talbot, we can make sure that your account is transferred to your new address promptly.

Landlords/Agents - report a change of tenancy

Landlords and managing agents should keep us informed of all tenancy changes immediately. This allows our revenue and benefits team to provide a more efficient service to you and your tenants by sending correct bills, and awarding discounts and exemptions promptly.

We need landlords to:

  • inform us of all changes in tenancy when they happen and give the exact start and end dates of tenancies
  • give the full names of each tenant and previous and forwarding addresses 
  • provide a contact telephone number for you and your tenants for any questions we may have
  • inform us if the property is rented furnished or unfurnished
  • be aware that we can fine you if you do not provide the information within 21 days of the request
  • we may ask you for a copy of the tenancy agreement if we require it

Let us know someone has died

We understand that it is a difficult time when someone dies. This section has been designed to try to make things a little bit easier.

Please contact us as soon as possible so that we can make sure that the Council tax account is cancelled.

What we need to know

When you contact us, please could you provide the following information

  • the name and address of the person who has died;
  • the date he or she died;
  • if there is anyone (eg spouse) still living in the property as they will be entitled to a single person discount of 25%;
  • if the person who has died was living alone, whether they were the owner or tenant of the property (if they were the tenant, we also need to know the name of the landlord).