Skip Navigation

This is a new website – your feedback will help us improve it.

Council Tax support

If anyone needs any help or advice in relation to Housing Benefit and / or Council Tax support please ring 01639 686838 (9.30am – 4.30pm) or email  and we`ll get back to you as soon as we can.

Who can apply?

You may be eligible for Council tax support if you receive a low income. You cannot claim if you have savings of over £16,000 unless you are 60 or over and are receiving the guarantee element of pension credit.

You can still claim Council Tax support if you are working.

The amount of benefit you get will depend on:

  • how much your weekly income is;
  • how much savings you have;
  • how many dependent children you have; and
  • how many non-dependants are living with you and their income.

More information: A guide to Council Tax support

How to apply

You can use the online form below or telephone the benefits section on 01639 686838 (9.30am – 4.30pm).