Skip Navigation

This is a new website – your feedback will help us improve it.

Temporary and occasional use

Temporary Use Notices

A Temporary Use Notice can be used to allow the use of premises for gambling where there is no premises licence but where a gambling operator wishes to use the premises temporarily for providing facilities for gambling. Premises that might be suitable for a temporary use notice include hotels, conference centres and sporting venues.

A Temporary Use Notice may only be granted to a person or company that holds a non-remote casino operating licence and for the provision of facilities for equal chance gaming only (not including the use of a gaming machine)

Occasional Use Notices

An Occasional Use Notice permits betting to take place on a track without the need for a full premises licence. An occasional use notice can only be used on eight days or less in a calendar year.  An Occasional Use Notice must be served by a person who is responsible for the administration of events on the track or by an occupier of the track. A copy of the notice must also be served on the Police.  Only licensed betting operators may provide betting facilities on reliance of the Occasional Use Notice

Further information is available on the Gambling Commission's website