Privacy Notice - year 6 pupils
- In providing us with your child’s personal information you hereby acknowledge that Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council is the Data Controller for all the personal information you provide on this form (for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)).
- The personal data which we collect from you and your child about your child will be used by Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council School Based Counselling Service (NPTCBC SBCS) for the purposes of service evaluation and to comply with a statutory requirement to report to Welsh Government. Any information sent to Welsh Government about your child will be anonymised. We keep demographic information and also information about their wellbeing as well as brief notes about our work with them. We keep records in order to assess how effective we have been in helping them and to be able to demonstrate this to funders (e.g. Welsh Government).
- As a Data Controller the Council is required under GDPR to inform you which of the Article 6 GDPR “Data Processing Conditions” it is relying upon to lawfully process your child’s personal data. In this respect please be advised that in regards to the data provided by you on this form we are relying on the following two Article 6 conditions;
- “The data processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject”. (Article 6(c) GDPR).
- “The data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.” (Article 6(e) GDPR).
- We will not share your child’s identifiable personal data with any third parties (i.e. persons/bodies/entities outside NPTCBC SBCS) other than Welsh Government unless we are required to do so by law.
- The personal information collected about your child will be held by the Council for a period of 35 years after they have left education provided by the Council.
- Please note that we are required to collect certain personal data under statutory requirements and in such cases a failure by you to provide that information to us may result in the Council being unable to provide your child with a service.
- We would inform you that under Article 21 GDPR you have the right at any time to object to the Authority about the fact that we are processing your child’s personal data for the purposes of carrying out a public task or exercising our official authority.
- The Council will not transfer any of your child’s personal data outside of the European Union. All processing of your child’s personal data by us will be carried out in the United Kingdom or other European Union countries.
- The Council will not use your child’s personal data for the purposes of automated decision making.
- Please be advised that under GDPR individuals are given the following rights in regards to their personal data:
- The right of access to their personal data held by a data controller.
- The right to have inaccurate data corrected by a data controller.
- The right to have their data erased (in certain limited circumstances).
- The right to restrict the processing of their data by a data controller (in certain limited circumstances).
Further information on all the above rights may be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s website
- In the event that you or your your child has any queries regarding our use of their personal data, you or they wish to have access to the same or you or they wish to make any complaint regarding the processing of your personal data please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at the Directorate of Finance & Corporate Services, Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ.
- Please be advised that in the event that they/you make a request or a complaint to the Council’s Data Protection Officer (see 11 above) and they/you are dissatisfied with the Council’s response they/you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Details of the Commissioner’s Office contact details and further information on your rights may be obtained from the Commissioner’s website