Privacy Notice - Neath Port Talbot Youth Service
- In providing us with your personal information you hereby acknowledge that Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (“the Council”) is the Data Controller for all the personal information you provide on this form (for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)).
- The personal data which we collect from you via this form will be used by the Council (pursuant to it carrying out its various statutory and business functions) for the following purposes:
- enable young people to access Youth Service provision
- safeguard young people
- aid the implementation of the Youth Engagement and Progression Framework
- provide young people with Cam Nesa and Keeping in Touch support
- provide Early Intervention and Prevention youth work support to young people as part of the Families First programme
- support Year 11 pupils in their transition from school and into a positive post 16 destination
- deliver universal youth services under the Core Youth Service Provision
- provide early intervention and prevention in relation to mental/emotional health and wellbeing including sexual health
- support young people who are at risk of homelessness
- help promote and market the Youth Service and the positive achievements of young people
- aid the monitoring and reporting of the Youth Services performance internally and to external funders
- provide support to young people with caring responsibilities through the Young Carers Service
- As a Data Controller the Council is required under GDPR to inform you which of the Article 6 GDPR “Data Processing Conditions” it is relying upon to lawfully process your personal data. In this respect please be advised that in regards to the data provided by you on this form we are relying on the following two Article 6 conditions;
i. “The data processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject”. (Article 6(c) GDPR).
ii. “The data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.” (Article 6(e) GDPR).
- We may share your personal data securely with the following third parties (i.e. persons/bodies/entities outside the Council) in accordance with data sharing arrangements which we have in place with those third parties Careers Wales:
- Department of Work & Pensions
- Neath Port Talbot College Group
- City and County of Swansea
- Carmarthenshire County Council
- Bridgend County Borough Council
- Powys County Council
- Welsh Government approved Work Based Learning Provision
- Pembrokeshire County Council
- Services commissioned under Families First programme
- Young Carers services across Wales
- Welsh Government
- Llamau Mediation Service
- The personal information collected from you will be held by the Council for a period of: The Youth Service will hold the information for 25 years from the young person’s date of birth or 10 years from the last contact or closure.
- Please note that we are required to collect certain personal data under statutory requirements and in such cases a failure by you to provide that information to us may result in the Council being unable to provide you with a service and/or could render you liable to legal proceedings.
- We would inform you that under Article 21 GDPR you have the right at any time to object to the Authority about the fact that we are processing your personal data for the purposes of carrying out a public task or exercising our official authority.
- The Council will not transfer any of your personal data outside of the European Union. All processing of your personal data by us will be carried out in the United Kingdom or other European Union countries.
- The Council will not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision making.
- Please be advised that under GDPR individuals are given the following rights in regards to their personal data:
i. The right of access to their personal data held by a data controller.
ii. The right to have inaccurate data corrected by a data controller.
iii. The right to have their data erased (in certain limited circumstances).
iv. The right to restrict the processing of their data by a data controller (in certain limited circumstances).
v. The right to object to their data being used for direct marketing.
vi. The right to data portability (i.e. electronic transfer of data to another data controller).
Further information on all the above rights may be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s website.
- In the event that you have any queries regarding our use of your personal data, you wish to have access to the same or you wish to make any complaint regarding the processing of your personal data please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at the Directorate of Finance & Corporate Services, Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ.
- Please be advised that in the event that you make a request or a complaint to the Council’s Data Protection Officer (see 10 above) and you are dissatisfied with the Council’s response you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Details of the Commissioner’s Office contact details and further information on your rights may be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s website.