Privacy Notice - Legal Regulatory
Version number 1.0
Issue date 27/10/2022
In providing us with your personal information you hereby acknowledge that Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council is the Data Controller for all the personal information you provide (for the purpose of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)).
The personal data which we collect from you will be used by the Council (pursuant to it carrying out its various statutory and business functions) for the following purposes: to administer and enforce the following:
- Hackney Carriage (taxis) and Private Hire Licences
- Alcohol and entertainment licences, permits and notices
- Gambling licences, permits and notices
- Charitable collection licences and permits
- Boats and Boatmen licences
- Firework licences
- Hairdresser registrations
- Petroleum licences
- Scrap Metal Dealer licences
- Sex establishments and sexual entertainment venue licences Stage hypnotism registrations
- Street trading consents
- Tattooing, Cosmetic Piercing, Acupuncture, Electrolysis registrations
- Commons Registrations
- Rights of Way
- As a Data Controller the Council is required under GDPR to inform you which of the Article 6 GDPR “Data Processing Conditions” it is relying upon to lawfully process your personal data. In this respect please be advised that in regards to the data provided by you we are relying on the following two Article 6 conditions;
- “The data processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject”. (Article 6(1)(c) UK GDPR).
- “The data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.” (Article 6(1)(e) UK GDPR).
- For Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers, we will share your personal data securely with the Police in accordance with the agreed Memorandum of Understanding which we have in place with them. They will retain such data as has been shared for the purposes of the reduction of any safeguarding risk to members of the public.
We may share your personal data securely with the following third parties (i.e. persons/bodies/entities outside the Council) in accordance with data sharing arrangements which we have in place with those third parties
- The Fire & Rescue Service
- The Police
- Disclosure & Barring Services
- NHS local health boards
- Immigration services
- Foreign Embassies if you are a foreign national or have lived abroad
- National Fraud Initiative
National Anti-Fraud Network (NAFN) – National database of refusals and revocations of hackney carriage and private hire driver licences
- Department for Work & Pensions
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Other local authorities
- The personal information collected from you will be held by the Council for as long as the licence, permit, consent, notification exists or up to 6 years after it lapses.
- Where an applicant for a hackney carriage or private hire driver licence is refused or where a holder of such a licence is revoked, your personal data will be placed on the NR3 Register - National Register of Refusals and Revocations of Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers (“the register”). In the event that your details are placed on the register, the Council will hold your personal information for up to 11 years. The register is hosted by the National Anti-Fraud Network (NAFN) and their contact details are:
NAFN Data and Intelligence Services
PO Box 304
Ashton under Lyne
Tel: 0161 342 3480
- Please note that we are required to collect certain personal data under statutory requirements and in such cases a failure by you to provide that information to us may result in the Council being unable to provide you with a service and/or could render you liable to legal proceedings.
- We would inform you that under Article 21 UK GDPR you have the right at any time to object to the Authority about the fact that we are processing your personal data for the purposes of carrying out a public task or exercising our official authority.
- The Council will not transfer any of your personal data outside of the European Economic Area or other country with an adequacy decision. All processing of your personal data by us will be carried out in the United Kingdom, European Economic Area or other country with an adequacy decision.
- The Council will not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision making.
- Please be advised that under UK GDPR individuals are given the following rights in regards to their personal data:
- The right of access to their personal data held by a data controller.
- The right to have inaccurate data corrected by a data controller.
- The right to have their data erased (in certain limited circumstances).
- The right to restrict the processing of their data by a data controller (in certain limited circumstances).
- The right to object to their data being used for direct marketing.
- The right to data portability (i.e. electronic transfer of data to another data controller).
Further information on all the above rights may be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s website.
- In the event that you have any queries regarding our use of your personal data, you wish to have access to the same or you wish to make any complaint regarding the processing of your personal data please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at the Chief Executives Directorate, Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ.
- Please be advised that in the event that you make a request or a complaint to the Council’s Data Protection Officer (see 11 above) and you are dissatisfied with the Council’s response you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Details of the Commissioner’s Office contact details and further information on your rights may be obtained from the Commissioner’s website.