Skip Navigation

This is a new website – your feedback will help us improve it.


Privacy Notice - Housing Renewal and Adaptation Service

  1. The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. In order to do this work we must collect and use information about the people we provide those services to and keep a record of those services.

  2. In providing us with your personal information you hereby acknowledge that Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council is the Data Controller for all the personal information you provide (for the purpose of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)).

  3. The personal data which we collect from you will be used by the Council (pursuant to it carrying out its various statutory and business functions) for the following purposes:

    • The Housing Renewal and adaptation service provides assistance to residents including the delivery of Group and Block Repair Housing Renovation schemes, Energy Efficiency Improvements and ECO Flex. (We verify applications for ECO Flex under the Energy Company Obligation (ECO4) to allow residents to access funding from energy companies, their agents or installers).

      We also offer a direct referral service to other agencies who can offer further advice and / or financial assistance available from external schemes / projects, these include Care and repair, NEST, Warm Wales, Crime Prevention, M&WWFS.

  4. As a Data Controller the Council is required under UK GDPR to inform you which of the Article 6 UK GDPR “Data Processing Conditions” it is relying upon to lawfully process your personal data. In this respect please be advised that in regards to the data provided by you we are relying on the following Article 6 condition;

    • Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.

  5. The type of information we will collect to support the services we deliver include:

    • Name and address
    • Contact information including mobile or landline telephone number and email address
    • Date of birth
    • Financial Information (where applicable) to evidence eligibility including; bank account statements, saving account statements, evidence of earnings from business self-assessment details, mortgage details or rental agreements, benefit entitlement and supporting information as relevant to each grant criteria.
    • Utility Bills
    • Details of other persons related to your application, this can include your partner and other members of your household
    • Information on health conditions relating to you/other members of your household that are relevant to your application

  6. We may receive/collect the following information from other council departments and partners in support of your application:

      • Energy Performance Certificates (from national EPC register or from a Domestic Energy Assessor)
      • Technical survey data from 3rd partner company to support recommendations for energy measures
      • Council tax confirmation of your occupancy of your property
      • Title deed check regarding ownership of property where applicable
      • Information relating to what improvements can be made to your home, such as financial savings/reductions, energy savings

    In order to deliver our service we may need to share your personal data with third parties, these include agencies such as: Warm Wales (A community interest company) Welsh Government, OFGEM and any contractors appointed to undertake works.

  7. The personal information collected from you will be held by the Council for up to 10 years, however this will be dependent on the assistance you receive and the conditions imposed on that assistance, it could therefore be for a shorter period.

  8. Please note that we are required to collect certain personal data, failure by you to provide that information to us may result in the Council being unable to provide you with a service.

  9. We would inform you that under Article 21 UK GDPR you have the right at any time to object to the Authority about the fact that we are processing your personal data for the purposes of carrying out a public task or exercising our official authority.

  10. The Council will not transfer any of your personal data outside of the European Economic Area or other country with an adequacy decision. All processing of your personal data by us will be carried out in the United Kingdom, European Economic Area or other country with an adequacy decision.

  11. The Council will not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision making.

  12. Please be advised that under UK GDPR individuals are given the following rights in regards to their personal data:

    i. The right of access to their personal data held by a data controller.
    ii. The right to have inaccurate data corrected by a data controller.
    iii. The right to have their data erased (in certain limited circumstances).
    iv. The right to restrict the processing of their data by a data controller (in certain limited circumstances).
    v. The right to object to their data being used for direct marketing.
    vi. The right to data portability (i.e. electronic transfer of data to another data controller).

    Further information on all the above rights may be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s website

  13. In the event that you have any queries regarding our use of your personal data, you wish to have access to the same or you wish to make any complaint regarding the processing of your personal data please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at the Directorate of Finance & Corporate Services, Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ.

  14. Please be advised that in the event that you make a request or a complaint to the Council’s Data Protection Officer and you are dissatisfied with the Council’s response you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Details of the Commissioner’s Office contact details and further information on your rights may be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s website