Skip Navigation

This is a new website – your feedback will help us improve it.


Privacy Notice - Homes As Power Stations (HAPS) Financial Incentives Fund

  1. In providing us with your personal information you hereby acknowledge that Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council is the Data Controller for all the personal information you provide (for the purpose of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)) and you are consenting to the Council using your personal data for the purposes set out in paragraph 2 below.

    As you are consenting to the Council’s use of your personal data please be advised you may withdraw your consent to this processing at any time by notifying us in writing.    

  2. The personal data which we collect from you will be used by the Council (pursuant to it carrying out its various statutory and business functions) for the following purposes:

    To share with the Welsh School of Architecture to contact you and agree the evaluation of technologies associated with the HAPS Funding. 

    To share good news stories that you consent to being part of as part of the evaluation exercise.

    To publicise the organisation that are recipients of HAPS Financial Incentives Funds.

  3. As a Data Controller the Council is required under UK GDPR to inform you which of the Article 6 UK GDPR “Data Processing Conditions” it is relying upon to lawfully process your personal data.  In this respect please be advised that in regards to the data provided by you we are relying on the following Article 6 condition(s);

    “The data subject has given consent to the processing of his/her personal data for one or more specific purposes.”  (Article 6(1)(a) UK GDPR).

  4. We may share your personal data securely with the following third parties (i.e. persons/bodies/entities outside the Council) in accordance with data sharing arrangements which we have in place with those third parties

    HAPS Technical Advisory Group
    Welsh School of Architecture
    Other Local Authorities
    HAPS Project Board

  5. The personal information collected from you will be held by the Council for a period of:

    For the duration of the HAPS Project Realisation timeframe of 15 years, up to and including

  6. The Council will not transfer any of your personal data outside of the European Economic Area or other country with an adequacy decision. All processing of your personal data by us will be carried out in the United Kingdom, European Economic Area or other country with an adequacy decision.

  7. The Council will not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision making.

  8. Please be advised that under UK GDPR individuals are given the following rights in regards to their personal data:

    i. The right of access to their personal data held by a data controller.
    ii. The right to have inaccurate data corrected by a data controller.
    iii. The right to have their data erased (in certain limited circumstances). 
    iv. The right to restrict the processing of their data by a data controller (in certain limited circumstances).
    v. The right to object to their data being used for direct marketing.
    vi. The right to data portability (i.e. electronic transfer of data to another data controller).

    Further information on all the above rights may be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s website.

  9. In the event that you have any queries regarding our use of your personal data, you wish to have access to the same or you wish to make any complaint regarding the processing of your personal data please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at the Chief Executives Directorate, Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ.

  10. ​Please be advised that in the event that you make a request or a complaint to the Council’s Data Protection Officer (see 9 above) and you are dissatisfied with the Council’s response you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Details of the Commissioner’s Office contact details and further information on your rights may be obtained from the Commissioner’s website.