Find out how to join a library
What can I borrow?
- spoken word
All our libraries offer free Wi-Fi. Available to Neath Port Talbot library members during opening hours.
Log in on your device (available in the library), then enter your library card number and PIN.
Accessing the library Wi-Fi is safely managed via the public library network.
Printing, scanning and copying
Your library card will give you access to Wi-Fi printing, scanning and copying.
Follow the steps listed below:
- Make sure the document you want to print is downloaded on to your device.
- Sign in with your library card number and pin.
- Select Print a document.
- Read the information on the Print Upload page and click Get Started.
- Click Add file +. You can upload 5 files at once.
- When you have finished selecting your files click Submit.
- Give the staff member your library card number and collect your prints.
Reference and family history
Search billions of records and discover your family's story with Ancestry Library Edition.
- Start searching billions of records and discover your family's story.
- 820 million searchable UK family history records
- England, Wales and Scotland Censuses from 1841 to 1901
- England and Wales Births, Marriages and Death records from 1837 to 2005.
You can only access Ancestry Library Edition from a library PC.
Log in with your card number and pin code, then click the ancestry link.
Reference collections and local history
Neath and Port Talbot libraries has vast reference collections for a wide variety of:
- local history books
- current and Historic ordnance survey maps
- local newspapers
- over 2000 photographs
- census records
- electoral registers
- council minutes
Port Talbot library supports family and local history research in many ways:
- book monthly family history research sessions with West Glamorgan Archives
- monthly local history meetings open to everyone
- access to microfilm, and microfiche
For more information on family and local history, please contact: