Dog fouling is unpleasant and a health hazard. By law, owners must clean up after their dog if it fouls in a public place.
If you allow your dog to foul and fail to clean it up immediately, this may result in:
- a £100 fixed penalty notice (FPN)
- prosecution and a fine of up to £1000
Report dog fouling
If you see someone not cleaning up after their dog, report it to us in confidence.
We need to know:
- the day, date, location and time of the incident
- a description of the person in charge of the dog
- a description of the dog that they were walking
- if they arrived in a vehicle: a description of the vehicle and registration number
- if possible, photographs
You can also report someone dog fouling to our Dog Warden Service or Waste Enforcement Officers:
How you can help
Use our dog fouling bins to help keep our community clean and disease free. You should:
- carry and use disposable bags
- keep your dog under control at all times
- keep your dog out of dog-restricted areas
- not allow the dog out alone
Report dog bin issue
Please report to us if you notice a dog bin is full or damaged.