Home library service
Not able to visit your local library? Let us bring the library to you.
- the home library service is free
- we support people of all ages who have difficulty accessing the library
- dedicated, trained staff
- deal with a nominated person of your choice
- we do not conduct any assessments of your health or current medical conditions
- any personal information is strictly confidential
- refer yourself or ask a friend, family member or a professional such as a social worker to refer you
- you can refer someone else if you think they would benefit from the service
Services we provide
- free regular scheduled visits (usually every 6 weeks)
- library loans delivered direct to your home.
- free reservations
- longer flexible loan period
- change your preferences at any time.
- no fines or charges
- county wide service to all NPT residents
- wide selection of regular and large print adult fiction and non-fiction titles
- audio books in cassette, CD and MP3 format
- loan of audio equipment via British Wireless for the Blind Fund (eligibility test)
- access to ebooks
Please see fees for library services to find out what's available.
After you join
After you join the service we will:
- Confirm the date and estimated time of your first delivery
- Explain how the service operates and
- Advise on the frequency of your home visits
How to apply
You can apply for the home library service online.
or, you can contact the service using the details below: