Electronic Delivery Statement
Nomination papers submitted electronically must be delivered in accordance with arrangements set out in this statement.
When submitting completed nomination papers via e-mail, candidates are required to:
- send the relevant documents to email@example.com only (nomination papers sent to any other Council e-mail addresses may not be considered valid);
- in the subject heading, state whether the documents presented are a formal submission or require an informal check, and state their name and electoral area that they are standing in (example: RE: Informal Check/Formal Submission – John Smith – Anytown Electoral Division/Ward);
- in the body of the e-mail, provide a contact phone number as a minimum, in order to allow Electoral Services staff to contact candidates to resolve any potential issues with nomination papers in a timely manner.
When submitting completed nominations papers via e-mail, it is recommended where possible that candidates:
- provide nomination papers in Microsoft Word or PDF format, in order to keep file sizes to a minimum, and to avoid e-mails being rejected by the Council’s firewall, or being caught in the Council’s mail filter;
- avoid sending multiple attachments in an e-mail, and instead provide all nomination papers in one entire document, in order to minimise file sizes (as explained above);
- submit all nomination papers in one single e-mail to ensure that all elements are received by the Returning Officer.
PLEASE NOTE: Electronic signatures may now be used as an alternative to wet ink signatures when submitting nomination papers electronically (e.g. candidate signatures and witness signature)
An electronic read receipt or automatic reply from the Returning Officer is not confirmation that the nomination is valid. The Returning Officer will send a notice to inform candidates of their decision as to whether or not their nomination is valid. In the case where there is an issue with the nomination papers, Electoral Services staff will contact candidates on the phone number provided to attempt to resolve the matter in a timely manner.
Should you require any assistance with the electronic delivery of nominations, please contact Electoral Services on 01639 763330 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Dated 16 November 2023
Returning Officer: Karen Jones
Published by the Returning Officer, Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ